Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ebay Free Listing

It's not quite giving stuff away, but ebay in the UK has a free listing weekend this weekend, so I have been listing various items to sell.

My usual rule with ebay is that if I list something twice and it doesn't sell, then it goes to the charity shop who can usually make better use of it. That's often the things that someone would pay for, but it's heavy so the postage doesn't make it worth buying online.

So if you are trying to downsize too, you have the rest of today and tomorrow to list for free!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Good luck with your eBay sales. We've had good luck with eBay, but on occasion an item ends up being much more to ship than we anticipated. Because of this, we've started selling bigger items on Craigslist. Sometimes the items sell on Craigslist, and sometimes they don't.

    I like your rule of listing an item twice and then donating it if it doesn't sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm in the UK and I think Craigslist is pretty small here, but I will check it out. I am mainly selling small things, for now at least!

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete